If you think you might be interested in becoming a member of this church, please speak with pastor Robert Truelove after a service. In addition to speaking with the pastor, here is an outline of our process for perspective members. Ask us if you would like printed copies of any of the materials below.
Our process: We ask everyone to read the material below and listen or watch a series on membership. Also pray and ask the Lord to help you in your decision and where he would have you serve.
- Read the Second London Baptist Confession of Faith of 1689 – Link (Free copies on the back table in the sanctuary)
- Read CRC’s constitution – Link
- Listen to the 6-part sermon series on Membership – Link on SermonAudio or YouTube
- Optional – Recommended reading list
- The Hospitality Commands by Alexander Strauch (Free copies on the back table in the sanctuary)
- Rules for Walking in Fellowship by John Owen (Free copies on the back table in the sanctuary)
- The Day God Made by Glen Knecht – Link to book on Banner of Truth
- The Glory of a True Church by Benjamin Keach (Free copies on the back table in the sanctuary)
- After you have completed the above, contact Pastor Robert. He will explain the next steps. Usually, it involves a short interview process, and it is also a good time to ask questions about the materials that were read or the church’s beliefs as a whole. If all is in order, then Pastor Robert will set a date for you to petition the church for membership. On that date selected, you will give your testimony before the congregation, then there is a waiting period of one week. If there are no objections from the members during that period, you will come again before the congregation and take your Membership vows, or recieve baptism if you have not yet been baptized.